Wifi range extender setup is a tool that enables you to expand your wifi access and provides you with uninterrupted gaming, movies and web series. It is a plug and play system that connects and boosts your dead zone area with your wifi router. There are a number of brands that market these types of extenders to your New Extender Setup. There are several products and models for these brands that primarily work with your wifi connectivity or wifi network.
How to set up the WIFI extender range:
If you face problems setting up your wifi range extender setup with your home wifi router, don’t worry about remembering the list below before setting up your extender.
- First of all, remember that an electrical socket must be plugged into your wireless extender and your wifi router.
- You need to position your extender and your router next to each other when you set up your wifi.
- Make sure no ethernet cable is plugged into your extender when you start the setup.
- When you set up your wifi extender, you need a working network.
There are two ways to help you set up your home wifi extension: the manual method and the WPS button.
MANUALLY WIFI EXTENDER SETUP:
When you manually set up your wifi extender, there are a few steps you need to take.
- Plug both devices (wifi extender and wifi router) into an electrical socket and turn on the switch.
- After that, connect your wifi extender via an ethernet cable to your home wifi router.
- Make sure that your extender only has one LED light before attaching the cable, if another light appears, turn off the extender and turn it back on in a few seconds.
- After that, take any computer that has your wifi attached.
- Open any browser after that and launch the website. For example, if you have configured the Linksys Extender, then type extender.linksys.com in the URL box.
- After the login page appears on your screen, fill in your details and click on the submit button.
- Choose your router network after submission, and type your router’s password.
- After that, click on the submit button and the connecting process will be completed.
- If the lights turn to solid green, check your extender, which means your extender is attached.
- You may also do the same procedure again if your extender fails to connect to the router.
SETUP OF WIFI EXTENDER VIA WPS BUTTON:
You need to follow the steps provided below to set up your wifi extender through the WPS button.
- You must reset your wifi extender first and turn it off for 5-10 seconds.
- Turn it back on and check the LED lights, making sure that when you reset it no ethernet cable will be connected with your extender.
- After that, quickly press the WPS button from your extender and your wifi router and leave in 15-20 seconds.
- After that, check if the LED lights are blinking, which indicates that they are looking for the connecting unit.
- Open your router’s website after that and choose the WPS alternative.
- Click the WPS button and begin looking for your router.
- Click on the router after that and start the connecting process.
- If they are stable and solid green, check the LED lights, which means your wifi extender is connected to your home wifi.
- You can also switch the extender off and turn it back on in a few seconds and start the same process if they are not connected.
If you are still not linked to your wifi router, then you can either go to your extender’s support section, or you can also call the support team to help you connect your wifi router to your extender.