That Is How Important Local Search Engine Optimization Is To Your Business
Local search engine optimization is becoming more and more important. Tourists, but also locals, use their smartphones to search for restaurants, boutiques, hotels, the nearest subway station or the nearest ATM as they stroll through the city.
So if you rely on local customers, you should know the most important local Search Engine Optimization measures from SEO experts from the agency and use them for your business success.
What Are The Three Most Important SEO Criteria For Local Businesses Right Now?
The three most important SEO criteria for local companies are:
the correct information for the categories in the Google My Business entry
When you create Google My Business or a Google+ local entry, you can enter a category again at the beginning and later in the dashboard.
These two categories are important SEO criteria for local businesses, with the first being one of the most critical criteria for your local Search Engine Optimization.
Example: If an advertising agency incorrectly states that it is a (personnel) agency, it will not be displayed for the relevant search terms. So choose your category wisely!
the physical, i.e. local, address of the company
Enter the specific address in the city concerned.
Tip : You should therefore add the name of the district or neighborhood here.
The consistency of your company’s listings in the business directories
Enter your company in high-quality industry lists such as “Yellow Pages” or “My City”. Pay attention to the consistency of the entries.
- Always give the company name the same
- Write the addresses correctly and keep them up to date
- Always give the same phone number.
- Always enter the URL of the website.
Which Accompanying Measures Improve The Search Engine Ranking?
To answer that, it is important to know how Google ranks.
In order for their own website to appear in the organic search results, local companies need good on-page SEO, i.e. search engine optimization of their own website. That is inevitable. I’ll explain what these measures are in a moment.
The local listings – an important ranking factor for Google
Google creates this automatically, e.g. B. from your Google+ local entry, but also from business directories.
In order to generate consistent content, you control the information proactively, ideally via your own Google My Business account, which you can apply for your company via Google My Business. If this already has an entry that you have not created, verify yourself with Google as the owner of the company.
Only then can you maintain the profile and also store SEO-relevant information.
Why Is Google My Business So Important For Local Search Engine Optimization?
Google My Business controls the local listings. Only when you create your own Google My Business listing for your local business can you take action.
- correct incorrect entries
- Deposit pictures,
- which induce the Google+ community to (at best) rate your company positively
- Present your company in a visually positive (more) positive way
It is also worth investing in reviews. Because these also show Google that your local business can be trusted. Google My Business is therefore the prerequisite for good local Search Engine Optimization
“The basis for local Search Engine Optimization: Google My Business.”
What Can I Do With On-Page SEO?
On Page, for example, you can create separate landing pages for different locations or cities in which you want to rank. So you have the opportunity to fight for a place in the organic rankings in different places.
It is important that you offer enough content, especially specific, locally based, content on the page so that the Google crawler can read and analyze enough content. Mix location-specific topics with company-specific content on your landing page . It’s all about the good mix. And as always: test, test, test!
To answer your second question: the company location is very important. But it is not enough to put the word three times aside and leave everything else as it is. Think about the user. Google shows the way: user first.
With this page it is also possible to include backlinks that Google likes, e.g. B. on the featured sights, articles in the regional newspaper or local institutions. If the user finds me with my site, if I inspire him, he will accept the way to me because I have convinced him online.
Checklist For Your Local Search Engine Optimization
The on-page optimization of your local website:
- Link your company name, your product, the branch or type of company with the name of your city: in a landing page / on a subpage of your URL (https://spotlightseo.in/local-seo-services), in the page title and the page description of your homepage
- Integrate local content such as employee photos using the file name, caption and geographic coordinates. You can do this with the appropriate software. It makes it possible to fill the so-called EXIF data of the image files with geographic and other information on your website. You can insert local content on subpages.
- Put your full address on your contact page, including your phone number and area code. Make sure your phone number is clickable for mobile devices. Add a route description or Google Maps. If you have several locations, add the address data for each location in the footer.
- Make sure that your address data is identical on all pages: in the contact, footer, imprint, also on the external pages on which your website is mentioned.
- With regard to the content of your site – as with non-local, but SEO-optimized websites – you must ensure that you always serve fresh and relevant content to the visitor. Differentiate yourself from the local competition, for example with a company blog with local topics.
Your Google My Business Page:
Be sure to verify yourself as the owner of your local site: To do this, open the existing Google+ local entry and apply for ownership.
Fill out your Google company page completely and make sure that it is up to date: address data (spelling taken from your homepage), industry (category), company description, opening times, pictures (profile picture, cover picture and pictures of your shop, employees), these should also be on yours Homepage to be found, recommendations
Use of local citations (entries in yellow pages):
Position yourself in business directories that users trust, that are known and that suit you thematically. Yellow Pages are of course all-encompassing.
Make sure that your address data is spelled consistently – as on the homepage and in your Google My Business entry.
And also the directory or category should match the one on your local website and the Google My Business page.
This works by filling in the EXIF data in the image file. The geodata is stored directly in the image file. With other cameras such as DSLRs or similar, a corresponding GPS module must be installed so that the camera has the location and can write it into the data.
Local search engine optimization starts with the Google My Business entry. He forms the cornerstone. It continues on your website by packing local information such as cultural institutions on your side and providing relevant business directories with your information and data. Backlinks to relevant local websites as well as reviews on your Google+ local listing are the icing on the cake of your local search engine optimization.