Google provides each user with 15 GB of free online storage space, and this resource is shared among the three most commonly used services (Google Drive, Gmail and Google+ Photos). When paying on monthly basis, users can get more storage space. But, the real chaos begins when this free space gets filled. So, for that situation, we have keep you covered. We will here talk about some of the methods to resolve the issue of how Google Docs save to Google Drive account.
How Google Docs Save to Google Drive – Multiple Workarounds
If we look at the manual process, the options are very limited. Here, we will discuss some of the common methods to save Google Docs to Google Drive account.
Method 1: Save Directly from one Account to Another
The easiest way to save data from Google Drive is to use the built-in function of the Gmail account, as shown below:
- Log in to your Gmail account and go to Google Drive.
- Select specific documents/files to be migrated to another account.
- Now, right-click on the file and click on Share, a new wizard will appear on the screen.
- Enter the account information for another Gmail account and click “Advanced Settings”. Make sure to set the access permission change to “Is Owner” and press the “Send” button.
These files will be transferred to another Google Drive account. You can open the account and view files there.
Method 2: Download and Upload
This method is convenient for those who have difficulty transferring data from one G Drive to another. However, this method is simpler than the previous method.
- Initially, go to your Gmail account and log in to that.
- Now go to Google Drive and select the files you want to migrate to another account.
- Copy all files and move them to a new folder, then use “Export” to name the folder. The folder will be displayed in your directory.
- Now, you can easily download the Export folder and save all selected files in the system.
- Right-click the folder, and then click the “Download” option. Google’s servers will automatically compress all files into zip files.
- After downloading, you can easily extract all files from a single zip file.
- After unzipping the files, open another Google Drive account and click the “+” icon to upload files and folders from another account.
Does Google Docs Save to Google Drive Account – Automated Solution
The above manual method will be very time-consuming, and if a large amount of data is stored during work, it needs to be managed by one person. It will be difficult for users to monitor the entire migration process without interrupting the file transfer. Since the entire process cannot be managed for a long time, the user must choose an automated solution that does not require any professional skills or knowledge to save Google Docs to Google Drive account. In this case, the user can use the SysTools Google Drive Migration tool, just enter the address of the source account and the destination account and validate, by which you can solve the query of how does Google Docs save to Google Drive.
Notable Features Offered by the Tool
- Migrate Google Drive data using an administrator account or a single user account
- Allows you to transfer deleted items and permissions to another account
- Prepare to move shared files from Google Drive source to destination accounts
- Provide options to pause, resume and stop the process to save Google docs to Google Drive account
- Provides the ability to save Google Drive data without password and administrator information
Working Steps to the Tool:
- First, download and install Google Drive Migration on your Windows or Linux system.
- Select the migration platform as “G Suite” for the source as well as Destination accounts.
- Select the category as “Documents” in the workload category.
- Fill in the source account information and validate it.
- Now enter the Destination account details and authenticate.
- From the options provided, use the most appropriate method to perform source and destination user ID mapping.
- Select the account whose data must be migrated from the list and press the “Validate” button.
- Finally, click “Start Migration”.
- After the process is completed, the user can click the “Download Report” button to save the summary report.
The Bottom Line
To manually save Google Docs to a Google Drive account is a time-consuming task. Therefore, users are looking for a solution that can save Google Drive documents from one account to another without causing too much trouble. The above article provides manual methods and automatic methods. Both are effective for migration, but if you are looking for an immediate solution of the query “How Does Google Docs Save to Google Drive”, then use the SysTools Google Drive to Google Drive Migration tool.