As businesses keep on depending on progressively complex data frameworks, the requirement for experienced IT professionals keeps on developing. Individuals with particular IT certifications are even more sought-after since the rigorous exams and certification prerequisites showcase both deep knowledge and real-world experience.
There’s additional proof that IT accreditations can support acquiring potential. A new overview demonstrated that 23% of IT professionals encountered a 20% compensation increment in the wake of getting certified.1 According to CompTIA, 72% of bosses really require IT confirmations for specific positions, and 92% trust IT certificates help guarantee the validity of their IT staff.
We took a gander at over seven famous IT certifications and picked the best—those with the most popularity, procuring potential, and openings for progression. These are our top picks.
1. Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCP)
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate
3. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
4. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
5. Project Management Professional (PMP)
6. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
7. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
1) Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCP)
The Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect certification was ranked one of the top-paying IT certifications of 2019 by Global Knowledge.
This program provides the skills you need to advance your career in cloud architecture and provides a pathway to earn the industry-recognized Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect certification. You’ll deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems, and applications services, and you’ll gain real world experience through several hands-on Qwiklabs projects that you can share with potential employers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to practice key job skills, including case analysis, identifying technical watchpoints, and developing proposed solutions, and test your basic abilities with Activity Tracking Challenge Labs. For learners looking to get certified, this program will also provide sample questions similar to those on the exam, including solutions and practice exam quizzes that simulate the exam-taking experience.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Learn the skills needed to be successful in a cloud architect role
- Prepare for the Professional Cloud Architect certification
- Learn about the infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform
- Review each section of the exam using the highest-level concepts to identify what is already known and surface gap areas for study.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN:
- Google Compute Engine
- Google App Engine (GAE)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud Computing
- Virtual Machine
- Network Architecture
- Cloud Storage
- Data Store
- Load Balancing
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
2) AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Associate
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification is fast becoming the must-have certificates for any IT professional working with AWS. This course is designed to help you pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) – Associate Exam. Even if you have never logged in to the AWS platform before, by the end of our AWS training you will be able to take the CSA exam. No programming knowledge needed and no prior AWS experience required. With this AWS certification under your belt (and optionally after completing our AWS Certified Developer 2020 – also available on Udemy), you will be in high demand by many employers and you can command a superior salary.
In this course, we will start with a broad overview of the AWS platform and then deep dive into the individual elements of the AWS platform. You will explore Route53, EC2, S3, CloudFront, Auto Scaling, Load Balancing, RDS, RedShift, DynamoDB, EMR, VPC, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate 2020 Exam
- Design Highly Resilient and Scale able Websites on AWS
- Become Intimately Familiar with The AWS Platform
- Become Amazon Certified
- Become A Cloud Guru
3) Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
You will acquire the requisite skills to design, deploy, and manage security architecture for your organization with this CISM certification training. This course is aligned with ISACA’s best practices. Today, enterprises and government agencies increasingly expect their IT professionals to hold a CISM certification.
To become a CISM certified professional or to opt for this CISM course, you need to fulfill some criteria, including – A completed application submitted within five years from the date of initially passing the examination (you must ensure that all experience is independently verified by employers).
The experience must have been gained within the 10 years preceding the application date for certification or within five years of passing the examination. Three of the five years of work experience must be gained in the role of an information security manager (it must be broad and gained in three of the four CISM domains)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Security Incident Management
- Design security architecture
- Knowledge of ISACA domains
- Information security programs
- Enterprise IT frameworks
4) Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
CRISC certification prepares IT professionals for enterprise risk management’s unique challenges. The training program enables them to become strategic partners to the enterprise.
CRISC™ candidates are required to have a minimum of three years of cumulative work experience performing tasks across at least two of the four CRISC™ domains. This path does not require any prior knowledge or experience.
CRISC is the most current and rigorous assessment available to evaluate IT professionals’ risk management proficiency and other employees within an enterprise or financial institute.
Those who earn CRISC help enterprises understand business risks and have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate IS controls.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The process of risk management and the establishment of adequate security controls
- How to identify IT risk to aid in the execution of enterprise IT risk management strategy
- How to analyse and evaluate IT risk to determine the likelihood and impact on business objectives
- How to determine and evaluate risk response options
- How to monitor and report on IT risk and controls
5) Project Management Professional (PMP)
Career opportunity knocks as the need for project talent continues to grow. Research indicates that employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year through 2027. This means skilled project managers will be in high demand.
Wherever you are in your career, the globally-recognized Project Management Professional (PMP) certification tells employers, peers, and the world you know what you’re doing in project management.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Earn 35 PDU/Contact Hours Certificate
- PMP Pass Guarantee: You will pass the PMP Exam Easily on your first try
- High-Quality PMP Videos-Watch over 280 videos covering every PMP topic
- Simple, Clear, and Concise explanations that help you get ready for the exam as fast as possible
- Easily Learn PMP Math: Detailed PMP Math Explanations for every topic.
- Complete PMP Certification Training: All topics covered
- Learn all Project Management Knowledge areas
- Learn all Project Management Processes
- Learn all Formulas Easily: EVM, Critical Path, CPI, SPI, CV, SV, Float
- All Difficult PMP Topics Made Easy: Easily learn difficult concepts and formulas of Cost Management ( e.g EVM ) and Time Management ( Critical Path, Forward Pass,
6) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Earning the CISSP proves you have what it takes to effectively design, implement and manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program. With a CISSP, you validate your expertise and become an (ISC)² member, unlocking a broad array of exclusive resources, educational tools, and peer-to-peer networking opportunities. Prove your skills, advance your career, help earn the salary you want, and gain the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders here to support you throughout your career
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Prepare for the 2018 version of the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification Exam (the next CISSP update is in 2021).
- A clear understanding of CISSP Domain 1 (Security and Risk Management).
- A clear understanding of CISSP Domain 2 (Asset Security).
- Understand IT Security and Cyber Security from a management level perspective.
- Where to start on your CISSP certification journey.
- Learn why you want to get your CISSP certification, what it can give you.
7) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation introduced candidates to the key elements, concepts, and terminology found in Information Technology Infrastructure Library
The certification can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library framework.
- Those who want to understand how Information Technology Infrastructure Library can be used to enhance IT service management IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library.
- However, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management.
We looked at over a dozen IT certifications before choosing the seven that we reviewed. We were initially guided by certifications that commanded the highest salaries since that indicated both the need and career opportunities for those professionals. However, we also tried to cover the most sought-after certifications in each field, including cloud development and security management. Finally, we made sure to include foundational certifications (like ITIL) as well as certifications for up-and-coming technologies (like GCP).