In today’s world, technology revolves around our everyday lives. The world is constantly changing and the emergence of every talent is beyond our expectations. Using technology, people can create new things, produce new services, and develop new talents. Up until we began typing, we wrote with the pen. Each and every individual is dealing with the emerging technology which is making their work easier and effective in order to make their life more productive.
Positive impacts of Technology :
- Communication: The activity of exchanging ideas, learning, thinking, and interacting every day with other individuals.
- Transportation: The technology reduces the impact of traffic congestion, prevents vehicle collisions, and keeps traffic moving. Prior to the development of advanced technology, there were many problems, such as the inability to reach the destination on time, accidents caused by heavy traffic, and government rules that mandate the wearing of helmets, while people worried about how to control hair fall caused by pollution.
- Education: It makes it easy for anyone to gain access to information and innovations in many areas.
Here are some emerging technologies that deserve your attention:
1. Cloud computing:
It is an infrastructure and software system that allows for access to shared networks of storage, servers and applications over the internet. An important aspect of cloud computing is cloud storage.
Uses of cloud computing:
- Cloud storage includes greater accessibility, higher reliability, rapid deployment and stronger protection.
- It is used for file storage, data backups and archiving, communication, and social networking.
- It includes software testing and development.
2. Brain chip
A Brain Chip technology is related to a computer chip, a brain and a computer. Brain chips are implantable computer chips that are inserted into the brain. The brain chip creates a direct connection between the brain and the computer. It consists of 100 electrodes that are as thin as hair. It detects Neutron signatures electromagnetically.
Uses of brain chip:
- It improves human memory and helps paralyzed patients.
- A severely disabled person can quickly and reliably connect the brain to a personal computer with this device.
- Provides a computerized presentation of a mute person’s thoughts.
- It allows patients with paralysis to control their limbs mentally.
- Senses will be exposed to a wider variety of information.
3. Artificial intelligence(AI):
Basically, it concerns the development of intelligent machines that think and work similarly to people. It can solve a huge variety of problems and is highly efficient, which makes it essential for today’s society.
Uses of Artificial Intelligence:
- Healthcare: Healthcare industries are applying AI to make a better and faster diagnosis than humans.
- Games: Computers using artificial intelligence can play strategy games, like poker, which requires them to consider numerous options for where to move.
- Security: Cyber threats are on the rise in the digital world, so the security of your data is crucial. Your data can be made more secure with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Social media: In addition to managing and organizing huge amounts of data, artificial intelligence can figure out what is happening in terms of trends, hashtags, and user requirements.
- Entertainment: A streaming service like Netflix or Amazon offers recommendations for programs.
- E-commerce: A shopping cart created by artificial intelligence lists products according to size, color, or even brand.
- Education: Communication with artificial intelligence chatbots can be used to teach students. Future versions of this will serve as virtual tutors for students, who will be able to access them from anywhere at any time.
4. Data science:
The goal of data science is to gain meaningful insights from data through the combination of domain expertise, programming, and mathematics skills. This job is among the highest paid in the country. Depending on the application, there are multiple types of data science systems and technologies.
Uses of data science:
- Personalized recommendations on healthcare.
- A method for identifying and predicting disease.
- A lot of unstructured data is sourced, managed, and analyzed by businesses using data science.
- Images can be recognized, speech can be recognized, and websites can be recommended using it.
5. Machine learning:
It falls under the category of Artificial Intelligence. Studying algorithms that improve automatically through experience and by analyzing data is called machine learning. A machine that develops its own algorithm over one that has been specified by human programmers may prove much more effective in the long run.
Uses of machine learning:
- Speech recognition: This technology is utilized by applications such as Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa.
- Product recommendations: Amazon and Netflix are two e-commerce and entertainment companies that use this technology by providing advertisement and product recommendations for the user.
- Self-driving car: Tesla, the most popular car manufacturer, is working on this most exciting application of machine learning. In order to monitor people and objects while driving, it uses unsupervised learning methods.
- Online fraud detection: Secure online transactions are made possible by machine learning. The application assists us in detecting fraud whenever we undertake any online transaction.
- Medical diagnosis: With the advancement of medical technology, we are now able to build 3D models that can help us find brain tumors and brain diseases.
- Automatic language translation: The application helps us automatically translate text into our own languages if we visit new places and don’t know the language.
6. Internet of things (IOT):
Data collection and transfer over a wireless network is carried out by a network of interrelated, interconnected objects. It is made up of non-standard computing devices, such as those on the internet of things (IOT), that connect wirelessly to a network and are capable of transmitting data. This technology has been developed by companies such as Google, Apple, Samsung, etc.
Uses of Internet of things (IOT):
- Wearables: Devices of this type are small and energy efficient and are equipped with sensors, required hardware for readings and measurements, and software for storing and organizing information about users.
- Patient monitoring: Patients can be monitored outside the hospital with sensors connected to wearables, allowing doctors to monitor their condition in real time.
- Agriculture: Farmer access to detailed information about soil condition is made possible with the Internet of Things.
- Traffic monitoring: Google Maps is an example of how we currently use this technology by showing the conditions of different routes to the same destination, and setting and improving the estimated time of arrival as a result of information from different routes.
Protecting a computer’s hardware, software, or electronic data from damaging events, such as information disclosure, theft, or damage. The primary reason for cyberattacks is that criminals want some of your information, such as business financial information, sensitive personal information, customer databases, and customer’s financial information (ex: credit card information).
Uses of Cybersecurity:
- Providing protection for data and networks.
- Cybersecurity and data breaches protection for businesses.
- Access by unauthorized users is prevented.
- End users and endpoint devices are protected.
8. Ethical hacking:
An authorized attempt at gaining unauthorised access to an application, computer system, or data. As one of the most fulfilling and rapidly growing careers in information technology today, this career is totally legal. The 5 phases of ethical hacking are as follows:
- Reconnaissance or Information gathering phase.
- Gaining access.
- Maintaining access.
- Clearing track.
Uses of ethical hacking:
- Preventing hacks is easier with this method.
- Security is offered to financial and banking establishments.
- Cyberterrorism and national security breaches can be prevented in this manner.
- Hackers can be prevented from gaining access to your system using this.
Automating human tasks by designing, building, and using machines (robots). In these industries, robots are used frequently to perform simple repetitive tasks since they are programmable machines. Sofia is a social humanoid robot who is the first robot to receive citizenship of any country.
Uses of robotics:
- Using heavy machinery, machinery with a high operating temperature, and sharp objects can easily injure a human, so these tasks are handled by robots.
- In order to speed up production, robots are used since they don’t get stressed, distracted, or need to take breaks.
- A robot’s precision and repetition make it less likely for it to make mistakes, and it always produces the perfect product.
- As robots are faster and more reliable than humans, they can work 24 hours a day.
Technological advancements have many benefits for humans. A decade of advancements and developments has been labeled as the era of science and technology in the 21st century. One can’t imagine living without a smartphone or their laptop since people have become so dependent on technology. Modern society has benefited from it greatly, opening up many opportunities in a variety of fields, but if misused it can be just as destructive.
Author Bio :
I am Aradhya Jain, an experienced healthcare provider certified in natural medicine. Natural products are the key to healthy hair, just as nature is the key to a healthy environment. Every time I write an article, I try to share as much of my expertise as possible so that it will be helpful to my readers.